Services at Penrallt
Time: 10:30am and 6pm (7pm June - August).
The morning service has facilities for children and young people with crèche, classes, and a worship style for all ages. It finishes around 11:50 and is followed by tea and coffee (except the first Sunday of the month, when we have a bring & share lunch).
The evening service is more meditative in style, and often incorporates times of symbolic and informal prayer. Please note that the service starts at 7pm during the summer months of June, July and August; for the rest of the year it starts at 6pm.
During university term time, we usually hold Faith Café after the evening service. This is a relaxed space for students and other young adults to meet together, with food and a light magazine-style programme of interviews and music.
Recordings of most sermons and notes to accompany some of the sermon series can be found here.
Find out what we have been singing recently by looking at our songs database.
Penrallt is wheelchair-friendly, with an access ramp to the front and side doors, wide aisles and movable chairs. We have an induction loop system for the hard of hearing, and disabled toilets.
Large print words are provided for those who would have difficulty seeing the words projected on-screen during the morning service. We usually have several spare copies available, but if you wish to ensure that you get some you are welcome to contact the church office and we can reserve them for you. We can also provide large print words for the evening service on demand.
26th May 2013
- 10am (Communion)
- God: Our strength and refugePsalm 46. Preacher: Deb Stammers.
- God and MasterchefMark 6:35-44. Preacher: Elaine Green.
2nd June 2013
- Preacher: Roy Godwin.
- 7pm (Communion)
- Preacher: Elfed Godding.
9th June 2013
- 10:30am (Baptismal Service)
- "So what do we do? Keep on sinning so God can keep on forgiving? I should hope not!Romans 6:1-14. Preacher: Roger Borlace.
- Jacob's Burial. A sermon about bones and faithGenesis 50. Preacher: Peter Cousins.
16th June 2013(Fathers' Day)
- How to live a life that glorifies God (it isn't as difficult as you might think it is!)1 Peter 4:7-11. Preacher: Peter Cousins.
- The Holy Spirit encourages us to call God 'Father'Romans 8:1-17. Preacher: Roger Borlace.
23rd June 2013
- Preaching at your own funeral1 Peter 4:12-19. Preacher: Peter Cousins.
- Having a good moan. Hello Magazine, 1,000BC EditionPsalm 12. Preacher: Peter Cousins.
30th June 2013
- 10:30am (Communion)
- 1 Peter 5:1-7. Preacher: Geoff Birch.
- 7pm (Baptismal Service)